Tuesday 31 May 2011
The Faculty of Art, Design and Architecture, University of Kingston London, would like to invite prospective research degree applicants to an open event to find out more about Research Degrees in the Faculty and meet staff and students involved with the research degrees programme.
The Faculty of Art, Design and Architecture has a growing and vibrant research culture. The research degrees programme consists of research and training and allows students to develop their practice based skills, broaden their academic knowledge, expand their methodological skills and integrate those elements as independent researchers. Our programmes are designed to meet the needs of continuing academics and candidates with established practices in art, design and the built environment interested in developing these in an academic environment.
There are research centres in:
Visual and Material Culture
Details of AHRC and Kingston University funding will be presented at the Open Day. We are currently seeking applications within the following areas..
Art and Design:
- Contemporary Art;
- Digital Media and Communication Design;
- Product, Interior and Spatial Design; Fashion; Textiles;
- Environmental Design.
- Surveying and Planning;
- Sustainable Built Environment
History of Art, Architecture and Design
- Modern Interiors – identity and the design of the modern interior; modernity, modernism and the interior; the tensions between interior decoration and interior design; representations of the modern interior; the reconstructed modern interior
- Visual and Material Culture – Historical and Critical Studies; Place, Space, and Global Futures; Gender, Technology, and the Human Image; Cultural Activism
3 pm – 5 pm, Main Lecture Theatre, Knights Park Campus, Grange Road, Kingston